21. The Novice’s Tale (Sister Frevisse, no. 1) by Margaret Frazer. Into the autumn that is fair of Lord’s elegance 1431, the nuns of England’s St. Frideswide’s get ready for the just ceremonies by which the saintly novice Thomasine will require her holy vows. But their peaceful life of beauty and prayer are tossed into chaos by the merciless arrival of Lady Ermentrude Fenner along with her retinue of lusty guys, sinful ladies, and baying hounds. The hard-drinking dowager also keeps a animal monkey on her behalf entertainment. She demands wine, a feast…
And her niece, the angelic Thomasine.
The woman wants to enrich by by herself and her reputation by organizing a married relationship for the devout novice. She cares absolutely absolutely nothing for the panic and despair she results in her.
But all her cruel and cunning schemes are taken to an abrupt end with strange & most murder that is unnatural.
As suspicious eyes switch on the pious Thomasine, it falls to Sister Frevisse, hosteler associated with priory and detective that is amateur to unravel the webs of unholy passion and dark intrigue that entangle the novice and prove her purity… or condemn her.
22. Eggs in Purgatory (Cackleberry Club, #1) by Laura Childs. Suzanne, Toni, and Petra lose their husbands but find liberty whenever the Cackleberry is opened by them Club. Then their cozy cafe becomes the scene of a criminal activity whenever an attorney dies having a key on their lips and egg on their face. Just just What this all is because of a spiritual cult and Suzanne? S past could place her very own life exactly in danger.
23. The Cat, the Quilt in addition to Corpse (A Cats in big trouble Mystery, no. 1) by Leann Sweeney. Jill’s life that is quiet shattered whenever her household is broken into and her Abyssinian, Syrah, goes lacking. Jill’s convinced her kitty’s been catnapped. However when her cat-crime-solving leads her to a murdered human anatomy, instantly all paws are pointing to Jill.
Quickly, Jill discovers that Syrah is not truly the only purebred who’s been taken. Now she’s got discover these furry felines she ends up nabbed for a crime before they all become the prey of a cold-blooded killer-and.
24. The Coroner’s Meal (Dr. Siri Paiboun, no. 1) by Colin Cotterill. Laos, 1978: Dr. Siri Paiboun, a 72-year-old medical professional, has unwillingly been appointed the national coroner associated with the brand brand new socialist Laos. Their lab is underfunded, their employer is incompetent, and their help staff is quirky, to put it mildly. But Siri’s love of life gets him through their days that are often frustrating.
If the human body associated with the spouse of a politician that is prominent through their morgue, Siri has reason to suspect the lady happens to be murdered. To access the facts, Siri along with his team face federal federal federal government secrets, spying next-door next-door next-door next-door neighbors, target hauntings, Hmong shamans, botched romances, along with other dangers that are deadly. Somehow, Siri must figure down a means to balance the might of this party therefore the might associated with the dead.
25. Gin & Daggers (Murder, She penned, number 1) by Jessica Fletcher. Jessica Fletcher is off to London to supply the keynote target at a secret article writers convention. She’s also getting excited about seeing her mentor, Marjorie Ainsworth, who’s hosting an event on the property to commemorate her latest guide. But a business that is routine becomes murderous business–when Jessica discovers Marjorie stabbed to death inside her own room.
26. Really, Madly (Lucy Valentine, #1) by Heather Webber. Lucy Valentine can be as smart as is, as single as you are able to get, and thus maybe maybe perhaps perhaps not qualified to operate a matchmaking solution. But whenever her moms and dads temporarily move down through the family members company, Valentine, Inc., it’s Lucy’s check out intensify and assist out—in the title of love.
Plus, her lease flow from. Here’s the issue: Lucy doesn’t have actually the knack for matchmaking. Relating to family members legend, every Valentine is blessed by Cupid having the ability to read “auras” and pair up perfect partners. Although not Lucy. Her abilities were zapped away years back in a electric rise, and from now on all she can do is find lost things.
Just just exactly What good is into the matchmaking world? You’d a bit surpised. In a populous town like Boston, everyone’s trying to find one thing. When Lucy locates a lacking wedding ring—on a dead body—she asks the sexy personal attention who lives upstairs to assist her re re re solve the perfect criminal activity. And that knows? Perhaps she’ll get the perfect love while she’s at it…in Heather Webber’s Really, Madly.
27. The human body into the Belfry (Faith Fairchild number 1) by Katherine Hall Web Web Page. During her years invested in nyc, Faith Fairchild had been convinced she had seen just about all. However the transplanted caterer/minister’s wife was unprepared for the shocks waiting for her within the Massachusetts village that is sleepy of.
And this woman is especially amazed by the dead human body of a fairly young thing she discovers stashed into the church’s belfry. The target, Cindy Shepherd, had been well-known locally on her behalf acid tongue and her jilted beaux, which created plenty of bad bloodstream and much more than a couple of feasible perpetrators — including her luckless fiance, who’d neither an alibi nor an easier way to split the engagement off.
Faith believes it is terribly unjust that the police have actually zeroed in regarding the hapless boyfriend, and thus she sets off to unearth the facts. But searching too profoundly in to the sordid secrets of a tiny brand new England town helps make the natives stressed. As well as an extremely wondering big town woman can be yet another tiny city death statistic in extremely order that is short.
28. Cloche and Dagger (Hat Shop Mystery, no. 1) by Jenn McKinlay. Not just is Scarlett Parker’s love life when you look at the loo—as her British cousin Vivian Tremont would say—it’s additionally gone viral having a video that is embarrassing. Then when Viv suggests Scarlett keep Florida to lay reduced in London, she hops in the next airplane across the pond. Viv could be the proprietor of Mims’s Whims, a women’ hat shop on Portobello path bequeathed to both cousins by their beloved grandmother, and she desires Scarlett to finally join her into the millinery company.
However several shocks await Scarlett in London. First, this woman is met during the airport perhaps perhaps not by Viv, but by her business that is handsome manager Harrison Wentworth. 2nd, Viv—who has some whims of her own—seems become lacking. No body is too concerned with the Viv that is unpredictable until of her posh consumers is available dead using the cloche cap Viv created for her—and nothing else. Is Scarlett’s relative in some trouble? Or perhaps is she in hiding?
29. An idea for the Lady # 1) by Parnell Hall. Cruciverbalists, rejoice. Grab a pencil to get willing to re re solve the puzzle–and a puzzling murder–in this lively first of an original amateur detective, skip Cora Felton, the reigning queen of crosswords. Cora’s an eccentric old woman with a nationwide syndicated puzzle column, an irresistible desire to poke into unsettling occasions, and a niece who’s determined chat arab cam to help keep her away from trouble. This delightful heroine takes her first crack at playing sleuth in a slyly amusing and wickedly suspenseful mystery. Just that isn’t fun and games…. It’s murder.
Violent criminal activity is unusual in small Bakerhaven. If the human body of a teenage that is unknown arises within the regional cemetery, Police Chief Dale Harper discovers himself investigating their very first homicide. Absolutely absolutely Nothing concerning this full situation is easy. A good thorough search regarding the criminal activity scene doesn’t expose whom she had been, the murder gun, or why the killer left her body in a graveyard minus her footwear. A scrap of paper she carried is apparently a crossword puzzle clue. Could it have already been kept by the killer? In that case, just what does it suggest?
Luckily for Harper, Bakerhaven could be the new house of skip Cora Felton, the famed “Puzzle Lady” herself, whose crossword that is popular line graces papers nationwide. Yet bringing Cora Felton into this situation might be their many mistake that is costly. For though she may seem like someone’s sweet old grandmother, behind those twinkling eyes and therefore slightly mysterious look lies a female with an astonishing secret…and some concealed vices. What’s worse, one whiff of secret turns skip Felton in to A miss that is modern-day Marple.
Now Cora is snooping through criminal activity scenes, questioning witnesses, and gaining lots of unwelcome attention. It is simply the type of meddling, mischief-making behavior that drives Chief Harper to distraction and inspires many cross words from her long-suffering niece Sherry. However when another human anatomy arises in a murder that hits much closer to home, Cora must find a killer–before she winds up in a box that is black legs across…and six down.